photo courtesy halloweentips.net
Okay, so the comic girl in the photo above might take more than a minute to create, but she's so cool I had to add her!
Here are the cheap 'n easy costumes...
* Wrap yourself in some (or all) aluminum foil. What are you? A baked potato!
* Wear all black and put a postage stamp (enlarged if possible) on your chest. What are you? Black mail.
* Get a small weight (e.g. dumbbell) and stare at it intently. What are you? Watching your weight.
* Draw the letter P around the child's eyes. What are you? "Black-Eyed-Peas". Be careful to use safe ink!!!!
* Quarter (or preferably enlarged photocopy of one) taped to your back. What are you? A quarter-back.
* Carry a quarter and a hammer. What are you? A Quarter-pounder.
* Put a pot on your head. What are you? A pot head.
* Affix one couch cushion to the front of you and one to the back. What are you? The lost TV remote.
* Wear all white. Attach (or paint) yellow circle to your stomach. You are an egg. Add horns and a pitchfork and you are a deviled egg.
* Paint one finger gold. What are you? Gold finger.
* Dress normally. Pin some socks, dryer sheets, hand towels to your shirt. Static cling.
* Wear extra-large bra over your clothes. Stuff with spices. What are you? A spice rack.
* Put a sign that says "Go Ceilings!!!!" on your shirt. What are you? A Ceiling Fan! Cheer to help the effect.
* For those times you don't want to go: say you're going as a cable-guy - since they never show up.