As a follow up to my appearance on That Morning Show on E! Entertainment today, I want to share some additional details for Attracting and Enhancing Love with Feng Shui.
The first step is to use the Bagua Energy Map to locate the Love & Relationship Area in your home.
How does that work? First sketch your floor plan. Then superimpose the map (found above) over your floor plan by aligning the bottom of the map along the line of your front floor. ‘Stretch’ the edges of the map to the top and sides of your floor plan.
The Love & Relationship Area will always be in the far right-hand corner from the front door, facing inward.
Next up, clear out the negative energy by removing clutter, keeping the area clean and ditching anything that is no longer serving you. So adios, left-overs from past partners! And no dried, crunchy, dead flowers...including bridal bouquets! Dried flowers represent death energy. Yikes.
Then add an item that represents your goals for a healthy relationship. Some of the items I talked about on the show include:
- artwork or photo of a happy couple- no wedding picture with the bride alone!
- matching pair of candle sticks
- matching bookends
- books about healthy relationships
- a written list of the attributes you're looking for in a partner- you can hide it if you want
Here are some additional ideas. Hey, I only had a few minutes on the show to cover a huge subject! Try these items...
- anything pink, the color of the Love Area- don't want pink items in your space? Hide pink paper behind other items
- pairs of things- if the Love Area is in the kitchen, try matching salt & pepper shakers
- art depicting swans or crane- they mate for life!
You don't have to add a bunch of Love items. One item placed with clear intentions will do the trick. Too many items and you could be fighting them off with a stick!
If you're single and looking for a new relationship, it's time to make room for love. Be sure to have room for your new partner by clearing a drawer or an area in the closet. It symbolically holds the space until they appear.
And no matter where the bedroom falls in the Bagua Energy Map, have two equal-sized bedside tables and two equal-sized bedside lamps for an equal, balanced relationship.
Check out the Feng Shui section on my website www.space-lift.com. There's a whole lotta info there!